Necrophilia (with Dr. Victoria Sullivan & Dr. Jens Foell)
Where does necrophilia come from? What makes people desecrate corpses? And do you have to be a serial killer to have a death fetish?
Today’s guests are Dr. Victoria Hartmann, a clinical psychology researcher and executive director of the Erotic Heritage Museum in Las Vegas, and neuroscientist and science communicator Dr. Jens Foell.
Citations and further reading:
- Sleeping Beauty Is Based on a Story Where a Married King Finds a Girl Asleep and Can’t Wake Her, So Rapes Her Instead by Daven Hiskey, Today I Found Out
- Sleeping Beauty (1959) Plot; IMDB
- Disney Left Out the Most Gruesome Aspects of the Original Snow White Story by E.L. Hamilton, The Vintage News
- Abuse of a corpse: A brief history and re-theorization of necrophilia laws in the USA. Troyer, J. (2021). Mortality.
- Carl Tanzler Fell In Love With His Patient, Then Lived With Her Corpse, All That’s Interesting
- Sex Nerd Podcast
- I Love Dead People: Inside the Minds of Death Fetishists by Victoria Hartmann, Ph.D.
Suggest a taboo topic via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit tabooscience.show for more.
Taboo Science is written and produced by Ashley Hamer. Theme music by Danny Lopatka of DLC Music.