Money (with Ted Klontz, Ph.D.)
Why is it impolite to talk about money? Why are many of us uncomfortable with our own money habits? And how do we change things?
Featuring Ted Klontz, Ph.D., director of the Financial Psychology Institute and associate professor of Practice and Financial Psychology at Creighton University.
Citations and further reading:
- What hunter-gatherers can tell us about human social networks, UCL News — University College London (2016)
- Klontz, B., Britt, S. L., Archuleta, K. L., & Klontz, T. (2012). Disordered Money Behaviors: Development of the Klontz Money Behavior Inventory. New Prairie Press.
- Solbrig, L., Whalley, B., Kavanagh, D. J., May, J., Parkin, T., Jones, R., & Andrade, J. (2018). Functional imagery training versus motivational interviewing for weight loss: a randomised controlled trial of brief individual interventions for overweight and obesity. International Journal of Obesity, 43(4), 883–894.
- Klontz, B., Britt, S. L., Mentzer, J., & Klontz, T. (2011). Money Beliefs and Financial Behaviors: Development of the Klontz Money Script Inventory. New Prairie Press.
- Financial Psychology Institute
- Klontz Consulting
Follow Taboo Science:
Visit tabooscience.show for more.
Taboo Science is written and produced by Ashley Hamer. Theme music by Danny Lopatka of DLC Music.